Friday, May 02, 2008

Change of Perspective

I called up my brother today, wanting to discuss a transfer of funds to some account. I was expecting it to be a pretty regular call as calls between brothers could go. The call went something like this:

Tring, Tring

Bro: Jaldi bolo. (Be quick)
Me: Kyun ? (Why?) [Normal human tendency to delay proceedings when you are asked to speed them up.]
Bro: Abhi hum ICU mein hain. (Am in the Intensive Care Unit)
Me: Wahan kya kar raha hai? (What are you doing there?)
Bro: I got my duty posting here.
Me: Ok. We can talk later.
Bro: Nahi. Tum bolo... (It's Ok. You can speak)

Did I tell you my brother has completed his studies as a medical undergraduate student and is currently undergoing his one year long internship.

3 comments:

Ujjwal said...

Bhaiya ICU meh phone receive karne dete hain India meh? Waah...mera bharat mahaan..

Suchintya said...

Hopefully he was not inside the actual chambers of the ICU, but was just expressing that he is posted on ICU duty. He did not pick up on the first call for sure :)

Garfield said...

heehee