Wednesday, June 03, 2009

From Dr. Gavin Kennedy's post

Dr. Gavin Kennedy asks if his blog readers can spot the errors in this post. Since I do not feel qualified to put a direct comment on that blog, here I am recording my response.

The first error is in David Ross' assumption that Adam Smith was an economist. That is wrong. Adam Smith was a moral philosopher first and then an economist if at that, evidence in the fact that his "Theory of Moral Sentiments" was published to his "The Wealth of Nations".

The other mistake I am still searching for. Anybody help ??

For people who are not yet aware, Dr. Gavin Kennedy writes on his blog Adam Smith's Lost Legacy about the obvious topic - Adam Smith and his works. I have that blog listed on my side bar. This blog forms part of my daily read and keeps my intellectual synapses functional, keeping the student in me alive.

No comments: